Akai The Noo
I was aiming to become a world renowned rock star in the early 70's but someone forgot to tell the world. When the band folded there was no way I was going back to the Steel Works so I took odd jobs to keep me afloat and set about fulfilling my dream number two which was to be a songwriter, actually this was what had interested me all along. I figured that you had to be in a band to get somewhere but now I was going to try it all-alone. I figured I’d need to become a producer along the way so I bought an Akai tape deck (below) and started to make demos and send them out. It used a method of multi tracking known as sound on sound (SOS). I had a few songs cut from demos made on that machine. I still have the tape deck but it long ago ceased to function.
This is from an article I started to write called "I remember the 80's for a website called Rock Godz. Maybe I'll serialise it here.
This is from an article I started to write called "I remember the 80's for a website called Rock Godz. Maybe I'll serialise it here.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home