Saturday, January 29, 2005

Digitised Gigs


On October 10th 1974 a guy went to see Wishbone Ash perform at the Odeon in Newcastle. He sneaked in a cassette recorder with which to record the gig. Now thirty years later this stranger and I made each others acquaintance on the web because by sheer coincidence I was at that gig too. I was in the support band, Bullfrog and Shaun tells me he has just one song from my band on his cherished tape recording. He's sending me a wav file so I shall very soon be able to hear how dreadful we sounded way back then

2 Comments:

Blogger deagle said...

I remember seeing Humble Pie at the Odeon, Newcastle in the mid seventies, and Be-Bop Deluxe (I know, I'm ashamed too) in the eighties. Always thought it was a strange venue.

January 29, 2005 at 9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hawey then, let's hear it.

January 29, 2005 at 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home